Tennessee Gifted Student of the Year
The 2017 Tennessee Gifted Student of the Year will be presented at the TAG Annual Conference!
TAG is pleased to announce the inaugural Tennessee Gifted Student of the Year Award.
TAG believes that the Tennessee Gifted Student of the Year Award inspires children to achieve to their fullest potential, highlights high-ability-students, and draws attention to the educational needs of gifted and talented learners.
The distinguished Student winner receives a monetary reward and a Certificate of Excellence from TAG.
AWARD PARAMETERS/SELECTION CRITERIA
• One Distinguished Student Award recipient at the elementary level and middle/high school level will be selected.
• Applicants may demonstrate excellence and outstanding accomplishment in one or more of the following areas: visual or performing arts, academic achievement, creativity, or leadership.
1. Student applicants must submit a composition describing (a) the activity or interest area for
which the student is being nominated; (b) how the student got interested/involved in the
activity; (c) what impact the activity has had on the student and on others; and (d) how the
student’s future plans and goals have been affected by this activity or interest area.
2. Applications must include at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher who has taught the nominated child within the past 3 years, explaining why the student nominee is deserving of the award, what sets him or her apart from other students, and how the nominee is impacting others.
1. TAG will accept self-nominations and nominations from parents, teachers, and students.
2. The complete application packet must be postmarked by September 15, 2017.
Download the entire Complete Application Packet Here!